Date of Last Revision: December 11, 2010.
By using this web site, you agree to the following terms.
Your privacy is very important and we encourage you to read the following to
help you make informed decisions on using this web site.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Family Tree. In addition:
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and
videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission,
you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free,
worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with
When you delete information, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the
recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may
persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be
available to others).
We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Family Tree, but
you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for
them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Family Tree safe, but
we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the
1. You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such
as spam) on Family Tree.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Family
Tree, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or
scrapers) without our permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme,
on Family Tree.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic;
incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing
alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without
appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on Family
Tree without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full
responsibility for the promotion, and will follow our guidelines and all
10. You will not use Family Tree to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or
11. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair this web site.
12. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
4. Registration and Account Security
Family Tree users
provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that
way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and
maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Family Tree, or create an
account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal profile.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our
4. You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as
selling your status update to an advertiser).
5. You will not use Family Tree if you are a convicted sex offender.
6. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
7. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or
do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
8. You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our
9. If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or
reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains
about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
5. Protecting Individuals Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on Family Tree that infringes or
violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on Family Tree if we believe
that it violates this Statement.
3. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you
believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to
4. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will
disable your account when appropriate.
5. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks,
without our written permission.
6. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial
information on Family Tree.
Family Tree to you. We will notified you by email or the next time you attempt to
login to your account.